Tuesday

Why I Deleted My Facebook


A couple of years ago the owner of facebook said the following:
Zuck: Yeah so if you ever need info about anyone at Harvard
Zuck: Just ask. 
Zuck: I have over 4,000 emails, pictures, addresses, SNS
[Redacted Friend's Name]: What? How'd you manage that one?
Zuck: People just submitted it. 
Zuck: I don't know why. 
Zuck: They "trust me" 
Zuck: Dumb fucks.
Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/well-these-new-zuckerberg-ims-wont-help-facebooks-privacy-problems-2010-5#ixzz12A07ms1N


So here's a list of the main reasons why I have deleted my facebook.
1. The creator doesn't seem to have the best intensions. 
2. It detracts from the little time, I have already.
3. The banter on it, leads nowhere. I would much rather get a well thought out e-mail, letter, phone call, or better yet an interaction in person. 
4. Is best described by the director of The Social Network.
The Colbert ReportMon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c
Aaron Sorkin
www.colbertnation.com
Colbert Report Full Episodes2010 ElectionMarch to Keep Fear Alive
As a user on one of my favorite websites puts it: 

No comments:

Post a Comment